Latest Processing Facility Strike Shows 'No Safe Locations in the Russian Distant Backlines'

Ukraine's drones have struck the Russian Bashneft processing plant in the city of Ufa, positioned around 1,400 kilometers from Ukraine, resulting in explosions and a inferno, per a source in the Ukrainian SBU.

This marks the latest Ukrainian security service far-reaching assault in the region in the recent weeks. Those operations show that there are no protected areas in the deep rear of the Russian state.

Zelenskyy Appeals to US President to Facilitate Ceasefire in Ukraine

The Ukrainian leader called on President Trump to mediate a ceasefire in Ukraine during a call on the weekend.

"Provided that a hostilities can be ended in one region, then certainly additional conflicts can be ended as well, encompassing the Russian aggression," he stated, commending the US President's "outstanding" Gaza ceasefire plan and calling for the American leader to compel the Kremlin into talks.

Russian Attacks Claim Casualties in the Country

Russian attacks on Ukraine claimed the lives of 5 individuals on Saturday and caused blackouts to areas of the southern Odesa oblast, per local sources.

A pair of individuals died within a place of worship in Kostyantynivka when it was hit, per regional officials.

In the Russian frontier area of the Belgorod region, a truck driver was fatally wounded by a Ukrainian strike, as stated by municipal sources.

Energy Recovery Operations in Kyiv

Operations continued on Saturday to repair energy infrastructure in the Ukrainian capital, after assaults.

Power had been returned to more than 800,000 residents by the weekend and the largest power firm announced the main operations to restore power was complete though partial blackouts remained.

Anti-Aircraft Actions and Drone Interceptions

Ukraine's defense forces downed or disrupted 54 of seventy-eight UAVs from Russia launched against the country during the night, the aerial defense command said on Saturday.

The Russian defense officials stated it shot down 42 drones over Russian territory.

Cuba Rejects Claims of Sending Troops to the War

The Cuban government on Saturday rejected US allegations it has deployed troops to engage in the Ukraine war, while stating Cuban authorities "lack precise information about citizens of Cuba" participating "voluntarily" or "as part of the armed units of either party".

The foreign ministry in Havana announced 26 nationals had been convicted to jail sentences varying between five to 14 years for participating as mercenaries since September 2023 when information spread of Cubans being sent to the front in Ukraine.

I Want to Live Initiative Reports Details on Cuban National Recruitment

I Want to Live, a Ukrainian government initiative that encourages enemy combatants to lay down arms, reported in May: "We have confirmed the personal data of over a thousand Cuban nationals who entered into agreements with the Russian armed forces in 2023-2024."

The Cuban authorities said of those who might be involved: "There is no doubt that none of them have the backing, allegiance, or consent of the government in Havana for their involvement."

Relatives of Cubans who left for the Russian Federation in 2023 told international media at the time that their family members had been tricked into joining through ads on social media.

Pamela Neal
Pamela Neal

A seasoned luxury lifestyle writer with over a decade of experience covering high-end fashion and exclusive travel destinations.